Thursday 13 April 2017

Review: Crafta La Vista Colouring In T-Shirt

Creative, inspiring and Fun! 


I really really like Crafta La Vista. This company stands out to me amidst the sea of pastel hues and uninspired slogans that seem to dominate a lot of children's wear. 

I'm always looking out for interesting designs and unique clothing for my children and of course, I'm on my quest to steer clear of the High Street and buy from small businesses. So when I met Nicole, the creator of Crafta La Vista at an event last month, I was excited to see her range of kids clothing and knew instantly that I'd found something special. 

Nursery Rhyme T-shirt & Movement with Music card

After having a baby in 2015, Nicole was inspired to start Crafta La Vista and make children's clothing that was "more creative, more inspiring and just more FUN!" She's incredibly passionate about her designs, pouring lots of love into every one - each t-shirt and baby grow has been made with a vision of how whole families can enjoy the clothing, from customising baby grows together, to using baby massage techniques while reciting the nursery rhymes on the t-shirts.

There are three separate collections - Nursery Rhyme T-shirts, Colouring in Baby Grows and Colouring in T-shirts.
The designs are bold, mostly monochrome and all screen printed by Nicole onto 100% cotton t-shirts.

The Nursery Rhyme t-shirts are adorable. There are currently four to choose from - and not your basic nursery rhymes! I think my favourite from this collection is Sleeping Bunnies as that is a popular song in this house! "We have so many nursery rhymes that have originated from the UK (especially Scotland) which children adore singing." Nicole says. 

Wee Willie Winkie Nursery Rhyme T-shirt

Each Nursery Rhyme t-shirt comes with a guide of movements that Nicole devised with her daughter - simple massage-style techniques for each rhyme in the range. 
Click here for the fabulous Nursery Rhyme collection:

The Colour In Baby Grows are such a great idea. "I wanted to design a piece of clothing that would make an older sibling excited for the new baby coming and would fill them with a sense of pride when they see their little brother or sister wearing it." Says Nicole. "This then developed into an idea that anyone in the family could colour in these items."
The Colour In Baby Grows come in either a jigsaw heart design (this would be perfect for a baby shower - each guest colouring in a piece of the heart) or a 'fill in the blanks' design to customise with your own words and colours. 

Colour In Baby Grow


Now, onto the product that my little boy and I got to test drive! The Superhero Colour In T-shirt!

Cute packaging


Ooh exciting! Can't wait to customise this little super hero!


It arrived in a cute little box, perfectly letter-box sized (so no annoying trips to the depot!) with six chunky fabric pens and a card with clear, easy-to-read instructiuons.
"I wanted to make a fun range for older children as well as babies." Says Nicole.
We certainly had fun - as you can see! 



My son is three and a half and very into arts and crafts at the moment, so this project was right up his street. 
The bold design was very appealing as there was nothing 'fiddly' or difficult to colour and he chatted about the superhero's hands ("They're not mittens, Mummy! Superheroes don't wear mittens!") and what kind of super powers he might possess - the scribble coming out of his head is not actually a scribble - he can shoot out fire! 



Because the design was bold, large and simple, it wasn't too time-consuming for my boy who can get bored and want to move onto the next project pretty quickly. 
He's very proud of the end result and told me that all his friends at nursery will say "Wow! I want that t-shirt!" 


The soft, soft cotton is very comfortable and we got the size 4-5 years to allow a bit of room (I prefer a baggier t-shirt to keep him cool now that the weather is getting warmer).
Nicole told me "I love seeing the photos come in of how different these t-shirts end up being, showing that kids all have their own personality and if you let them express it now, it will help them express themselves so much more in the future."

Colour In T-shirts here: https://www.craftalavista.com/buy


I would 100% recommend this fantastic little company to anyone who likes kids clothing with something a bit....extra. Extra arty. Extra experimental. Extra special.




Laura Dolly Cupcake xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment