Wednesday 11 November 2015

Review - Brooches by Dork Disco


Hand-drawn brooches inspired by the world of TV, music and film


First of all, I have to say how much I absolutely LOVE these amazing brooches. I squealed when I opened the package and found a Kurt Cobain and a Jarvis Cocker staring back at me.



I do love a brooch and I'd never seen anything like these ones before.



They are made in London by the wonderfully talented Lee Bamsey. Lee creates the brooches using printable shrink-plastic on her own unique hand-drawn celebrity-inspired designs.

Her Etsy shop is a treasure trove of familiar faces from the world of TV, music and film - there's quite an eclectic mix - Paul Weller, Amy Winehouse, Morrissey (with a cat on his head!)...there's even a Dot Cotton (Ooh, I say!) plus many, many others.


Lee also makes custom orders, so if there are any icons you'd particularly like to wear on your lapel - or even a mini you OR a brooch of your partner (Lee recently customized a brooch version of a customer's boyfriend!) send Lee a message and a picture, she only charges £15 for custom orders!


I honestly can't recommend Dork Disco enough - they're fantastic. As well as my Kurt and Jarvis, I also asked Lee to make a custom order for my friend's Christmas which is just as fabulous (I can't add a picture of it in case my friend reads this, but believe me, it's amazing!)


The prices are so reasonable starting at approx £8.00 - so if you're looking for a quirky, unique piece of jewellery please go and check out Dork Disco - you will not be disappointed (but be warned - they're addictive. Every time you think of another of your idols, you'll think "I wonder if Lee can make a brooch of him/her....?")



Follow Lee on Instagram: @leebamsey

Visit Dork Disco's Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DorkDisco?ref=shop_sugg


Laura Dolly Cupcake xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment