Saturday 11 February 2017

Review - Atomic Mollie Glitter Hoop Earrings

The most sparkly, spangly, glittery earrings I've found!


Dare I say it - I'm a bit bored of buying clothes! 

So I went on a little accessories splurge and found these absolute gems. 


As some of you know, I'm trying to 'shop small' and buy most of my clothes, accessories and my kid's clothes from small independent businesses. I love wearing unique handmade items, and hearing the stories of their designers and creators. And as I also run my own small business (it's called Dolly Cupcake Vintage Parties. Shameless Plug! Shameless Plug!) I want to support others in the same boat as me, being all creative and making things with care and love. 

I decided that I needed big, sparkly earrings to go with my more Rockabilly outfits (I do love a tea dress and pearls but I'm also a sucker for a wiggle skirt and a bit of bling). I'd bought a gorgeous pinup girl brooch from Atomic Mollie for my best friend's Christmas and I was really pleased with the quality and service, so I had a wee look. And found these bad boys.


Atomic Mollie started making beautiful hair flowers and jewellery in January last year.
The confidence that wearing clothes from the 50s gave her, she says "Was much more than any main high street store could give me." 
Struggling to find accessories to compliment her new vintage wardrobe, Mollie began making them herself, and with encouragement from her husband, she started selling her creations at vintage fairs and festivals - aloha Atomic Mollie!


I ordered the black pair first  (I had to pre-order them and they turned up really quickly, less than a fortnight) and then I went back a few days later and bought myself a red pair too.


They are absolutely gorgeous. The amount of glitter is perfect, they look amazing when they catch the light. 


They're so comfortable to wear too (I don't do danglies very often). They compliment so many outfits and really 'make' an outfit, they're a real statement piece. 

The service from Atomic Mollie was great too, I was kept up to date on my pre-order status and was sent a discount code for my next order. 


Mollie says "What I love most of all is seeing people wearing my products. To see an item that I've made and put a lot of thought into put a smile on someone's face makes all the late nights gluing bits together and finalising designs worth it!"

These earrings come in SEVEN different colours (and I won't stop until I have the lot!) 

They are truly beautiful.

Atomic Mollie's Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/atomicmollie/




Laura Dolly Cupcake xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment